Thursday, August 2, 2007

Challenge

Hey everyone! Pics will be posted soon (it's not my fault, I promise!) of my sweater progress. I've been knitting like a maniac on the Lace Leaf Pullover, and I've finished knitting all of it and seamed the sleeves. I'm just working on blocking the body and then I have to learn to seam the sleeves to the armholes. Also, I've joined the KnittingHelp.com August Knitalong, where you are challenged to knit something with cables. I'm kind of creating my own sock pattern with some random cables I like. This is my first venture into creative knitting, and I'm having a blast with it!

So it's August, which means it's almost the end of summer. Soon we'll all be back at school, or at least the kids will, and back to the usual stressful, busy schedule. So I've been inspired by the KnittingHelp challenge, and I want to challenge all of you. This month of August, spend as much time as you can doing what you love to do. Enjoy the last little bit of freedom that summer brings, and I'm giving you full license (because I apparently have given myself authority to do this) to enjoy yourself without guilt! Spend an afternoon knitting something just for you, spend a couple hours playing whatever music you feel like, go out and play in the park, do whatever! Let's just all commit to enjoying the last bit of fun that August brings :) Have a great day, everyone!

And just for fun, a video entitled "Wooly Bullies" :D

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oooo, leaf lace, sounds yummy.

Hey your my first comment ever! thank you! Now post some pictures1 I love me so sweater goodness.

Abi! said...

That video was hilarious. Sadly, I have come across some knitters who actually do think that way. One was a college professor, scary.